PGA Professionals and Associates,
The rapid spread and still-unknown threat of the Coronavirus and COVID-19 find us in the middle of uncertain and extraordinary times. Having considered all the available information and in following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and local/state health department officials, the Section is electing to act with an abundance of caution with three main goals driving our decisions:
* Caring for the health of our professionals, their staff and members
* Preventing the virus from infiltrating our facilities and gatherings
* Contributing to public health efforts to stop the spread of this virus throughout our golf and civic communities
In our view, these extraordinary circumstances call for extraordinary actions. Across the country announcements are being made of closures, cancellations, postponements, and other disruptions to plans and life. Each of these disruptions are bound to cause an array of frustrations, inconveniences and sacrifices, all in the name of helping to curb this public health crisis. We are fully aware that the Section’s own changes will have similar effects on our professionals and their families; we ask for your patience and understanding as we venture through this together.
As such the Section will postpone all Section and Chapter activities until further notice. The Section will provide timely updates throughout this process, please stay tuned.
Additionally, in accordance with Gov. DeWine’s Stay at Home Order, the SOPGA staff will be working from home until further notice. If you need to contact anyone directly, please navigate to our Staff page for contact info.
Events that have already been suspended are listed below:
– SW Chapter Pro-Pro, March 30th
– SE Chapter Pro-Pro, April 6th
– SW Chapter Match Play, April 13-15
– EZ-GO Spring Pro-Pro, April 20
– SW Chapter Pro-1 Am, April 27
– 2020 PGA Professional Championship, April 26th-29th
SOPGA Officers and Staff